Saturday 22 March 2014

Dovetail Guides

 
To start with my dovetail guides were made from wood which was very time consuming. Moving to CNC'd aluminium saved me a great deal of time and enabled the guides to be made in five different angles. I then added a stainless steel name badge which helps to personalise the range.


The next improvement was to have the boxes printed which looks more professional, although it meant buying in 2,000 at a time.
Taking this a stage further I've had specially made foam inserts which is safer to ship and makes the box easier to use for storage. These added 70p to my unit cost but are well worth it. The only thing I didn't realise was just how much room 2,000 of these took up!


A batch of 1:8 guides getting the foam treatment!


No comments:

Post a Comment