Monday 18 August 2014

Celebration of Craftsmanship, On Now!


I visited the annual show at Cheltenham yesterday and the standard of the work was probably the best I've seen in all my years of coming here. It runs to 25th August and I would highly recommend a visit.
Jason Heap, the organiser, very kindly let me take these pictures, they are the pieces that caught my eye.
Above is a beautiful cabinet by Derek Elliot priced at £5,750.
Below is a wonderful use of a piece of warped burr elm by Suzanne Hodgson, £2,450.


The next two pieces were finely crafted by Steven Hampson who I met at the show. Both pieces took around two months of dedicated work to make and are priced at £7,000 and £6,000 respectively.




These two above and below are by Christine Meyer-Eaglestone. I find her marquetry work just stunning, a true artist. The large wall panel above is priced at £800 and was the only piece at the show that tempted me to get my wallet out, I resisted! The cabinet below was £2,100.


The simple but very effective chair is by Robin Furlong £1,150.


The chair below is by Waywood at £2,350.


This sideboard is immaculately crafted by Kevin Stamper and again I was totally taken by the artistic marquetry.

A shot with doors open. Priced at £10,800.


Below is a lovely steam bent ash chair by Andrew Lane priced at £2,000.


A nice chest of drawers By Sue Hyslop in oak and burr oak. The drawers fronts have been shaped and they have discreet finger pulls running down each side. £3,450


A very grand an imposing chair by Designer Creations, £2,800.


A good selection of boxes although none stood out as special in my view.


A very unusual wall mounted storage unit with intricate carving by Stephen O' Brien £3,000


And here is the star of the show, immaculately made by Cimitree and a real head turner.
It stands 7 or 8 feet tall and never mind the £60,000 price tag I'd like to see the house that could take this piece!



Well there we go, a snapshot of the show. My pictures don't do the pieces justice you really need to see them in the flesh, you have until the 25th August, you won't regret it!

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for sharing these pictures. The final piece from Cimitree is exquisite, just spent the last hour looking through their website. Some amazing work on show.

    ReplyDelete