Thursday 18 June 2015

New Workshop Floor


Here's a shot of my workshop floor, uneven concrete and last painted 12 years ago. The sponge tiles around my workbench were getting really tatty and didn't give the coverage I wanted so I replaced them with some heavy duty interlocking tiles from Paf Systems www.pafsystem.com The cost is £32 per square metre inc vat.


They are 7 mm thick and click together with a bit of gentle persuasion!


After doing the work bench area, I was so pleased with them that I did the whole main workshop.
The tiles laid very quickly but moving the machinery around slowed things down somewhat. The planer and table saw weigh nearly 400 kg each!


The smooth surface is easy to sweep clean and the uneven surface has disappeared. They are much nicer to walk on and if I drop stuff anywhere in the workshop it should survive unscathed and if I ever move workshop they come apart really easily so I can take them with me.


7 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I see the greatest contents on your blog and I extremely love reading them.Farmhouse Dining Tables

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am happy to find so many useful information here in the post, we need develop more strategies in this regard, thanks for sharing. You can check more info form here:
    Pallet racking Brisbane

    ReplyDelete
  5. This flooring looks great David. I put a similar 6'*8' mat down next to my bench. It was £10 from Halfords. It makes it much kinder on you feet when working.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am glad to discover such a significant number of valuable data here in the post, we have to grow more methodologies in such manner, much obliged for sharing. You can check more data from here:workshop floor tile

    ReplyDelete
  7. Loved sharing, now that just makes me want it that much more :D
    You can read Does Bamboo Flooring Have a Place in Your Kitchen or Bathroom?

    ReplyDelete