Saturday 12 September 2015

European Woodworking Show , Day 1


It's been a great first day at the show, hoards of people lots of familiar faces and nice weather as well.
It's always nice when people bring along things they've made, and of all the things I was shown this was the star of the day. This young man from Germany had come over with his father and had been around all day. It wasn't until late on that I saw him with these two tubes wrapped in cloth which I had to coax him to show me. They were stunning!


They were made from cherry and maple with a coopered 8 sided construction, the joins were refined with a hand plane and were flawless, both on the outside and inside.


The end caps were dovetailed with some very fancy joints and again the fit was superb.
He explained to me how he coopered the dome, but even now I still don't know how it was done so well.

At around 18 years old with no formal training, this quality of work is amazing. My pictures don't do them justice.


Before the show opened Shane Skelton came over to show me his excellent saws. Made entirely by hand the fit and finish was immaculate. They are heavy and all the better for it, cutting cleanly through oak with ease.

Again my apologies for the photo, but the detailling was superb.


I had a go with the dovetail saw and was very impressed. He is a new kid on the block but I get the feeling he'll be around for a long time with work like this.



Lastly was a fine box in brown oak and ash, in the style of Peter Lloyd's boxes


A beautifully finished 'wave'.....

...and wooden hinges.

he also produced a pair of fine planes with a black corian infill.


....and this twin bladed well made cutting gauge.
I wonder what tomorrow will bring!


10 comments:

  1. Thanks to you! Finally I got some stuff in your blog post related. I was searching for some material related to matter included in post.
    Brian

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That very interesting I guess it's a wooden handcraft work and looks so attractive and good. I was doing take my accounting exam and these websites giving a platform for the students.

      Delete
  2. European Woodworking Show , Day 1 is very interesting and appreciating day and also for the new generations as well to take interest in the new developing essay websites which are very essential and authentic in giving their valuable services in all over Pakistan.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had really enjoyed your show, your art of wood is really amazing unfortunately I cannot stayed there for a long time because I have a meeting next day with SEO service Pakistan and as we all know that how professional they are in terms of providing digital marketing services.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had truly had fun, your specialty of wood is truly astonishing tragically I can't remain there for quite a while on the grounds that I have a gathering the following day with WordPress Development Company and as we as a whole realize that how proficient they are as far as giving web improvement administrations.

    ReplyDelete
  5. DigisolHub
    Digisol Hub is a Digital Marketing & Tech. Company, that provides solutions regarding website development, SEO, Social Media Marketing, Google Ads, and Graphics designing, App development, Software development, Website Development. We just want to solve the problems of the people by using the right digital marketing strategy and give them Value so that they can build their business in the Online world.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I had a great time, and your woodworking abilities are genuinely amazing. Regrettably, I won't be able to stay for long because I have a meeting the following day with Logo Design Services Company , and we all know how capable they are when it comes to online advancement administrations.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I had a fantastic day, and your woodworking skills are just incredible. Unfortunately, I won't be able to remain long because I have a meeting with Book Writing Services the following day, and we all know how capable they are when it comes to internet advancement administrations.

    ReplyDelete
  8. every person who have website they need search engine optimization service for their website.

    ReplyDelete
  9. if you really want app for free streamimg animeflix app then check this link.

    ReplyDelete